The anticipation of baking something that’s new and delicious is both terrifying and exciting at the same time. As a parent, I always look for new things to bake that will really provide that wow factor for my family, particularly my Reese, who is not always easy to please (It’s rough having a kid who can bake better than you lol). Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
One thing I do know is that Reese loves sweet stuff and she loves bread, which is why I decided to come up with a moist and juicy Caramel Apple Monkey Bread that after one taste, I knew would be a hit. Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
Now, of all the experiences I’ve had in the kitchen, the most exciting one is the anticipation I feel when I start to open a canned Pillsbury roll and wait for the unexpected pop it makes. So, you’re fortunate that the recipe below includes 2 Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls to give you that thrill that makes you scream a little. Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
If you’ve never had monkey bread before, it’s basically bite-sized pieces of biscuit dough rolled in cinnamon sugar, topped with caramel, and then baked. Since we’re off to a good fall start, and with winter only a few months away, I decided that adding apples to this incredible recipe was the best way to honor this season. Besides, with it being football season with tons of parties, Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, this recipe could wind up becoming a recurring character on your table. Best of all, it’s easy to make and what kid doesn’t love to eat something that’s both gooey, delicious and oh-so-addicting for the whole family? Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
Okay brace yourself, here’s how you make it!
Caramel Apple Monkey Bread Ingredients:
- 3 apples -peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1⁄2 cup of caramel sauce
- 1⁄2 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 2 Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- 3⁄4 cup of butter
- 3⁄4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Nuts for garnish (optional)
- Powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
Caramel Apple Monkey Bread Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add in apples. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until
tender, but not overly soft.
3. Remove apples from saucepan, drain excess liquid. Place in a bowl and gently coat with flour and
caramel sauce. Set aside to cool.
4. In a small bowl, add in granulated sugar and cinnamon, gently mix together. Set aside.
5. Take rolls and for each roll, cut it in half. Roll it into a ball and with a rolling pin, roll the dough.
Until it’s about a 3-4 inch circle. Fill each circle with a teaspoon and a half of the apple mixture.
Gently, like a dumpling, bring the edges together to the center and pinch together the ends. Coat in the sugar and cinnamon mixture, tap off excess sugar and place it, seam side up onto a well-
greased bundt pan. Continue process until all rolls are used. Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
6. Over medium high heat add in brown sugar and butter into the pan used for the apple mixture
(keep any remaining apples in there). Stirring occasionally, cook for 3-4 minutes. Pour sauce over
the monkey bread. Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
7. Bake for 32-37 minutes. Take out of the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before inverting
the pan. Once monkey bread has been flipped out of the pan allow it to set an extra 10 minutes
before garnishing with glaze supplied by Pillsbury, nuts, and powdered sugar. Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
Looking for more awesome recipes? Check these out:
- Breakfast For Busy People: Overnight Oats
- Good Eats: Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- Tailgate Party Kick Off With These Game Day Buffalo Bites