Introducing: Foodie Fridays!
I’m up to my eyebrows in baking ideas. I have so many that its time we make this whole recipe sharing thing a regular occurrence. Let’s face it, I like dessert, Reese likes dessert and based on your tweets and facebook messages, you like dessert too. So, I’m turning Fridays into a dessert lovers dream with Foodie Fridays. A special day where I whip up something yummy to tease your taste buds. Chocolate Caramel Cupcake Recipe
Starting this month and every Friday going forward, I’ll share a new recipe perfect for your sweet tooth. If you’re not a cupcake fan, don’t worry. I’ll be sharing more than just cupcakes. Today might be chocolate cupcakes, next Friday might be homemade ice cream, the following Fridays might be a dessert cocktail. Either way, if you’re a sweets addict, you’re going to LOVE Fridays! Chocolate Caramel Cupcake Recipe
Chocolate Caramel Cupcake Recipe
So, that brings us to this Fridays and this Chocolate Caramel Cupcake recipe. Reese is a huge chocolate lover. I can take it or leave it but I do really like caramel. We came up with this one because we both love the candies Rolos. Here’s how to make them.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup hot water
For the chocolate buttercream:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4-6 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
For the caramel drizzle:
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- To make the cupcakes:
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line a muffin pan with muffin cups. Set pan aside.
- Sift dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, mix sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Add vegetable oil.
- In small amounts, add dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately into your wet ingredients.
- Pour hot water into the cupcake batter. Fill each section of your muffin pan halfway with cupcake batter.
- Bake for 12-15 min
- Cool cupcakes on cooling rack.
To make the buttercream:
- In a stand mixer, start mixing butter and powdered sugar. Slowly add milk and mix some more.
- Once the buttercream starts to smoothen up, add cocoa powder. Add milk and/or powdered
- sugar if needed (if you want your buttercream to be more liquid and/or stiff).
To make the caramel:
- In a small saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Add brown sugar. Whisk until well-combined.
- Remove caramel from heat and add heavy cream. Whisk until combined and thickens.
To assemble the cupcakes:
- Using a piping bag, pipe chocolate buttercream generously on chocolate cupcakes.
- Drizzle with caramel and enjoy! Chocolate Caramel Cupcake Recipe
Have a sweet tooth? Check out these tasty desserts:
- Bake Up Some Love this Valentine’s Day: Pink and Gold Sugar Cookies
- Old Fashioned Oats and Baked Apples
- Follow Our Cupcake Board on Pinterest for more great cupcake recipes